Wednesday, July 30, 2008


So here is a pic of my couch that I love THAT WOULD NOT FIT INTO OUR NEW PLACE. I had a hard time with getting rid of this couch. It's very decorative and is the only nice piece of furniture we own.

Since we are now poor college students, we were trying to figure out what cheap new couch or half way decent used couch we could buy, and I decided to try out the yard sales of Billings. Jon and the boys decided to come. We were unsuccessful, but decided to swing by a Goodwill (thrift store) that we went to the week before. We saw a green sectional we liked, but then walked away when we saw that the store was selling it for $700. Like we were going to spend that much on a used couch. So, we decided to go check out the couch once more, basically to see if it was still there, and if they would accept our offer of less money. They did! Apparently, nobody wanted to spend that much at a thrift store, and the couch had been there awhile. They were going to slice the price in half the next day, and we offered them less than that. So, we got a new couch. And we really like it, and I'm not missing my old couch as much. I sold it on the side of the street the other day. It was a little sad, but oh well.

1 comment:

Jinny and Mick said...

How sad you couldn't fit your couch in! It is quite cute. We have a sectional too, we love it. It barely made it into our apartment, too. Bummer on the black eye. Kids are tough.