So our moving fiasco has pretty much come to an end. Of course, Logan got really sick and feverish while I was at my moms, and then I came down with a cold that wiped me out the day before we were headed to Billings to unload the truck(or load up and then unload AGAIN). That really ticked me off because I was really preferring to have my health since I was really needed. BUT my wonderful brother Jamason saved my hide and drove down to Billings with my hubby and they did all the hard work, while my wonderful mother and little sis drove me and the kids to Billings later that day to arrive at our new home will almost all of our stuff inside. ALMOST EVERYTHING? Everything but my big beautiful oversized couch that would not fit in through the narrow, low ceilinged hallway no matter how hard they tried. I am so disappointed because that couch is the only nice piece of furniture that we own. It really dressed up my living room.
So, what are we going to do? I dunno. It rained the other day, so we threw a tarp over it. We can store it, but that's pretty costly for just a couch, so we may rent a small truck and drive it to my moms to store it, but then I got to thinking that she only has room for it in her basement and she has a narrow, low ceilinged hallway too. Ahhh, blast that oversized sofa! And blast narrow hallways and low ceilings.
Mom suggested that we may be able to store it at my grandma's house, but Jon just started his classes today, so I'm not sure when we'll get the time to drive up there. We'll see. So once we figure out the best way to get this sofa off the lawn, we can focus on what we are going to sit on for the next year. Isn't life fun? I'm not stressing about it, I just thought I'd post this as a contribution to all the other posts of things that have gone wrong with this move. Everything!
As a good point, I'm almost all unpacked and my new place is coming together nicely. I think it is a decent place, considering we didn't have much time to find a place to live. It has lots of lawns for the kids to run on, a cute playground, pools, hot tubs, saunas, exercise room, and its on the border of a park which has a splash pad. Me and the kids are going to have lots of fun this summer. And my new ward is so friendly. I've never met so many friendly people on my first day at church. It was nothing like the other three Utah wards I've been in, where hardly anyone says anything to anyone unless they are the bishop or relief society president. Sorry-I love Utah, but that was the common experience for me when in many new wards.
So, I look forward to this new ward and also...another cool thing...there are tons of mormons in Jon's program. I am suspiciously beginning to wonder if the director of the program had a bias for mormons. (He is a mormon, but unfortunately he had to recently step down for health reasons. There is a new director of the program, and he'll sense somethings awry since another professor is mormon and that a handful of the students are mormon. There is one other couple in our ward that is in this program and that LDS professor I mentioned is in our ward too. Crazy huh?
I'm sorry I've had no pics to post yet. This is the first day we've had the internet and I haven't downloaded my camera yet. One day
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
hang tight. what does not kill you will make you stronger! although i still wish i was there to help, or distract which ever is the most fun. :D i am happy for you to have a nice ward and an awesome place to live!
e-mail me! i can not get my e-mails to go through so i need you to start so i can coppy the address.
WOW... I just read every thing I can’t believe it. Hang in there and how fun a splash pad! Hug those boys for us. Isaac misses having an accomplice in crime!
oddly enough, we have had the same experience with wards in utah vs. arizona. when we moved here, we visited some random ward before we knew where our actual ward meeted, and we had a LEAST five different people approach us to find out if we were new and if we needed anything! We were totally impressed and wished that was the ward we were going to! Lucky for us, when we finally made it to our actual ward we had a similar greeting. Kelt and I definitely agree that this ward is by far the best ward we have ever been in.
I am really glad you guys have had the same experience. It's nice to feel welcome when you are in a different place and don't know anyone. I think you guys are going to LOVE where you are at.
xoxo, melissa
pretty sure "meeted" isn't a word. i'm retarded.
one more thing. . .i'm sorry about the couch. that is a bummer!
I'm glad to hear that you're meeting friendly people! I feel bad about all the moving troubles though, especially the couch--it was super comfortable, but I'm sure you'll find a new one that is even better.
Can't wait to see pictures!
sorry about the couch. I ended up leaving tons of my stuff in st George so I sorts know how you feel. I am glad you have an awesome ward. That helps things.
Melissa I am glad to hear that you have survived your moving fiasco. That is too bad your couch won't fit though. It was so great to see you over the 4th. I really enjoyed catching up with you. Love ya!!
Melissa,
You have been a trooper through all of this and I think you are wonderful. I'm so glad Jon didn't left you get away! I was sorry about your couch, but I am excited to see the new one! I think the Lord is watching out for you guys!Love ya,
Susan
Post a Comment