We were just reminded by how unfun and hard moving is. There is always something that goes wrong each time too. Car troubles with the "reliable" car. But besides that, I was so amazed with the kindness of the people in our ward. Ladies showed up to help me clean, men moved the heavy boxes into the truck, and people brought us meals. It just blew me away with how wonderful people were. It was very sad for me to leave Montana. I will miss it.
Now we are in our new home.
We are about 80 percent unpacked, but still living in chaos. The home we are renting ended up being pleasantly surprising. I like it. Our large sectional couch doesn't fit well within the dynamics of the living room, but oh well. Its temporary. The boys decided to go with their own bedrooms this time. I can't believe how fast and easy they fall asleep apart from each other. I should have done this a long time ago.
I like the city so far. Its got beautiful views. I got up and ran the other morning around the neighborhood and the mountain horizons were pretty to look at. Our new ward seems nice. The wives of some of the doctors Jon works with have been very kind and have invited me to join in with some of their weekly activities. Its nice to have a few things to do as a new lonely move in. We went to a SUU football game the other day. We've hung out with some friends that live here. There's been tons of little boys for my kids to play with. It has been a good experience living here...for the five days that we have.
Jon started work today and Chase started a new first grade. Hope everything goes well for both of my boys.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My feeling is that this is going to be a great move for you. I know how hard it was for you to leave Montana so I admire your ability to adapt and enjoy where you are at. I think you are terrific and I love you!
glad to hear you are getting settled in!! I have a Friend that lives there in Cedar City her Husband works for the college and has two little boys about the ages of your boys. Anywho, Wishing you guys all the best!!!
I'm so glad that good are going well so far. I must say I agree with Mom ... I think this will be an awesome place for your cute family. Now I just can't wait to come visit!
Post a Comment