Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A good little piece of news

So much has happened in the month of September. Chase lost his two front teeth, which are adorable and we ask him to say "sufferin suckatash" over and over again. It never fails to make me laugh.

He also decided he wanted to do a lemonade stand. We made it very basic. There's been road construction on our sidewalks and streets for months, so traffic was scarce at that time. Chase got 8 customers, which was enough to make him happy. He bought himself a new toy.

And Jon and I have gone crazy. We applied for several jobs and got rejected for several jobs. It's hard when you know something good is coming, but its not coming when you want it to. Money is running out. The other graduates aren't getting jobs either. Blah. Worry. Worry. Worry. I have not been this stressed. Ever. It's an awful icky feeling.


Nothing was working out in Montana and that makes me sad because it has been wonderful to live closer to my mom and sister. We've made some good memories together. I've always lived out of state, so seeing them has been a real treat.


To sum the good news: A private practice group (family medicine) from Cedar City recently called and was very very interested in Jon's sport med background. (I immediately liked the idea of moving there, even though its far from my family) And I had this feeling like this was probably the one. Jon took his board exams and passed. Thank goodness. Then he traveled for an interview just this past weekend. He spent Friday with the group and it went so well that they suggested having me come down. "You gotta convince the wife if you want to get anywhere with the husband."

I didn't feel it was necessary to make the trip because I know I'd like the town and I'm familiar with the area. So instead I had a phone conversation with the manager who answered all my questions. He said Jon seemed like a good fit for them and them for us. There was a lot of positive vibes and it was easy to feel that this was probably going to happen. They called on Monday and offered the job. We are pleased with the offer. So yeah!


We have a job!


An actual income coming....


And I love the idea of living in a cute, small town nestled against the mountains. I really am excited about going there. Isn't that great?


And I've got some friends just a little further south that I just might see once in awhile. (See you soon)


It has all worked out. It always does...even through my few weak moments of doubt. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father answers prayers. Most importantly, I wanted Chase to see that he answers prayers. That little boy has fervently prayed for months for his daddy to get a job.


This is a happy time for our family.

Here's Jonny signing the official contract to work for the group. He gets to do a variety of things. One of the doctors is the team physician for the local college athletes and he specifically wanted Jon for his sports med background. So Jon will see athletes, a variety of families and all their issues, and the local native tribes in the area because of govt contracts.

7 comments:

Jinny and Mick said...

Congrats-that is really exciting news!!!!

Mom at Our House said...

Congrats! This news is so exciting! So when are you guys moving?

Megan said...

We are so excited for your family! This is going to be an awesome move for your family ... and what's weird is I totally had the feeling when I heard about this interview that this would be the job :) We're excited to have you back in near proximity. LOVE YOU!

Mommy of our Monkeys said...

REALLY?!?!?! I will get to see you!!?? I cant wait!!!

Susan said...

We are so excited for you. When I heard about this job, it just felt right so I am so glad it has worked out. I think Cedar City is going to be a great fit for your family. We love your family and think you deserve the best. Way to Go!

mama cow said...

I am not gonna lie.....Cedar city is WINDY and COLD!!!!! But you will love it I am sure, you could always live in St George and commute! We are so excited to see you again. If you need help moving in we would love to come up and help if we csn.

thebusbyfamily said...

i'm sure cedar city isn't as cold as montana right?

i'm sure you'll be saying "please! this isn't cold. you have no idea what cold is!"

you guys are great. love you lots!