Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer vacation already done


Jon had his only week off, so we went to Salt Lake City to have some fun. We stayed with grandma and grandpa (always a good time) and then made sure we went to tons of fun places. We pulled Chase from school a week early. It was the only way we'd get to go anywhere, and he was only missing fun stuff (kindergarten) He was initially disappointed but we promised him Lagoon if the weather was good. He opted for Lagoon. Well, the weather wasn't good, so we did lots of mini fun acitivies. We went to the zoo. Saw How to train your dragon (Cute show). Went to a small indoor fun park with little kid rollarcoasters. I hurt my neck something awful and stayed home while grandma and daddy took the boys to the ancient life museum at Thanksgiving Point. That was very memorable for the boys. They loved it. We went to This is the place, heritage park, which I found real interesting, and the kids liked riding the train and horses while we learned about pioneers. We went to parks, went on hikes in the canyons, and most importantly, had some good times with grandma and grandpa, who spoiled us completely, and we loved every minute of it. Especially cafe rio and the cheesecake factory. Thanks!

As for me and the hubby, we got together with some friends for a date night which was a blast and then we got to go see Iron man 2...which was fun. I loved the first iron man. Robert Downey Jr does such a fun job as that character and I found the second film just as interesting. I tend to love these comic book movies. I love action, semi comedy, a little love, a half way decent plot for a action show all rolled together in one film.

Now Jon is headed off for the summer, and I'm going to miss him, but I'm glad we got to spend a great week together. Here's way too many pictures of parts of our trip.







'
s









3 comments:

Romney Family said...

How fun!! I am so glad you guys got to have a fun filled week!!!

Susan said...

We had fun. Love you so much!

thebusbyfamily said...

wish we could've been there at the same time!

the countdown is really on now isn't it?? so close to being all done with this school business. any idea where you will end up yet?

cute pictures!