My little boy had his big three the other day. He still hasn't gotten the hang of saying he's three yet. He still says two. I imagine it will click in his head one day. I hope. He told me he wanted a pirate ship birthday cake. I am not a cake maker and did not want to attempt to make an actual ship, plus somehow I've lost certain cake pans. When you move each year, its bound to happen. So I searched the stores for some small ship type object, but pirates are kind of out this year. I could not find anything. So I forked over more money than I wanted to and bought an actual pirate ship (technically a dingey) and put it on his cake. It became a present instead of a cake decoration. He loved it. Then we went on a treasure hunt, because some scallywag pirates stole his last present, and we had to follow a treasure map to find it. The boys really had fun with that one.
(My attempt to make waves ended up looking like a bunch of skinny blue worms) He got a dot art paint set from the grandparents. He didn't know just what it was, but when he opened it, he very excitingly exclaimed, "Whoa, I love that. That is awesome. I really like...that." It was funny to see him so overjoyed about something he was excited about, yet didn't know what it was.
So what do I appreciate about my little one? (Lucky for him, I've mostly forgotten about the fact that it took him over a year to sleep through the night) I'm still tired from it...two years later.
Number 1: He's a goofball. He gets in silly moods and has a good time. He enjoys himself and I enjoy him for the most part.
Number 2: Despite the fact that he went into some kind of evil terrible three tantrums this past week, I usually enjoy going out with him. He's my little shopping buddy.
Number 3: Logan loves to go to Walmart. It's the only store in our town. Every morning when I ask him what we should do, he suggests that we go to Walmart.
Number 4: He is a loveable bug. Several times a day, he'll just wrap his arms around me and say, "Momma, I love you." He always says it with a sigh, and then I sigh, for obvious reason.
Number 5: He is clumbsy. There is not a day that goes by that he does not whack his head (mostly ears) on something.
Number 6: He loves to eat red peppers and carrots dipped in fiesta ranch dip. It's one snack we love to share together.
Number 7: No matter how many times I put him on time out or scold him, he stands on books. (Look at the first picture in the post)
Number 8: He has some lazy tendencies. If he's eating and he drops his spoon onto the floor, he insists I get it for him. I always insist he get it himself. I can't believe he still asks.
And lastly, one morning as I was changing another poopy diaper, I made some reference to him actually potty training one day. He giggled and said, "I'm not going to potty train. Trains don't go potty, silly Mommy."

But if there is one thing I am really grateful for, it is that my two boys are truly best friends. I know that will most likely change in the future and I will spend many evenings breaking up fist fights, but for now, their constant giggles and playing together makes me happy.
7 comments:
I can't believe that he is 3 already. I know how you feel about the no sleep thing. Neither of my kids sleep through the night until they were 15 months old. YOu can say that the baby stage is not my favorite. Anyway, Happy birthday to your little guy!!!
Happy Birthday Logan! Kade still has trouble remembering he is 3, but he doesn't say 2 anymore either, so he just sounds a little slow when people ask him how old he is (: Cute facts about him, it's fun to see how unique each kid really is.
I love the cake and the ship ... no wonder it was such a hit!
It was so fun reading about Logan. I feel like the distance sometimes makes it hard to really get to see their little personalities and it sounds like Logan really has quite a large one.
love and miss you all!
I agree with megan . . . the cake was awesome! i thought the waves were really clever. good job mommy! and happy birthday to logan, it sounds like it was a fun party. maybe one of these days we can actually celebrate a birthday together! wouldn't that be nice?
grandma susu was telling me about chase and how he told her all about his bus driver. it totally cracked me up! you two have some very cute boys on your hands.
love you all!
Happy birthday!
I still remember when we met . We were swimming at the apartment and you had that guy in your belly I cant believe it has been three years already! Happy Birthday Bud!
Love the cake. It turned out great! I love that little guy. When he tells you he loves you, it melts your heart! He is special! I'm glad his birthday was a success.
Love you all,
Susan
Post a Comment