
Who doesn't love strawberries in the summertime at the peak of their delicious ripened glory?
Spinach- a potently wonderful healthy means to getting in some good greens.

I can't say enough good about lemons. I love them. In everything. Baked breads and muffins, sauces, deserts, and especially in my water. Lemonade ain't too bad either.I *love * love * love * when people post a good recipe they've stumbled across. (yes that is the purpose for recipe blogs, which I love) but it's still nice to read about one or two recipes that a friend recommends.
I noticed this little treasure of a recipe when I discovered that the above mentioned items were involved. Now the sauce isn't perfect in that it has a lot of oil and sugar, and there are probably other low calorie dressings out there that fit the lemon dressing mold, but I don't feel bad pouring a little of this over my spinach, because I just rationalize that I'm doing pretty good by eating spinach and strawberries.
For those who don't like a little sugary drizzled dressing, ignore me.
But I love this salad.
Lemon dressing for a strawberry spinach salad:
1/4 c sugar
juice of 1 large lemon or 3 scant Tablespoons
1 egg yolk
6 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Place the sugar in a medium mixing bowl and add lemon juice, whisking until most of the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolk. Then add oil 1 Tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until thick and creamy. Cover and refrigerate. To serve, re-whisk.
So whisk away and hope you enjoy!
And by way, for those of you who care, I am getting sick of the fact that every good recipe I have is a meat entree. And I'm also sick of cream of chicken recipes. I love that soup in food- its tasty- but I'm trying to limit the fat intake in our family. So here's my question. Do anyone out there have some good recipes for meatless entrees? I need some. (Ones that my children might eat?) Because I've looked up vegan recipes and whoa- my kids wouldn't touch that stuff with a thirty nine and a half foot pole.
3 comments:
Gotta love all three of those foods!! That salad recipe looks great!! I will have to try it!! We eat burritos with just beans. I have a recipe for pinto beans you cook with a few veggies and serve it with cheese and avocados and fresh limes. We also do a marinara sauce over pasta and a fettucini sauce without meat. I also make a tortilla soup that has no meat in it and it is so easy to make. My kids love those dishes. They are all on my recipe blog if you want the recipes!!
Ok Try pasta like a pene with peeled poached tomatoes cubed mozarella and fresh basil. Drizzle it with a little olive oil and serve with french bread. You can add shrimp or chicken if you want but the kids love it without too. Now on to my other piece of buisness, if you do end up coming out to St George DO NOT come the first week in August as we will be headed to Montana that week. Ironic I know! :) I checked to see how far we would be from you but it is still 6 hours from your place.
We need to talk because i've been trying lots of new recipes out, whether or not your boys (all three of them) would it is another question.
Post a Comment