Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another brother bites the dust


Here is a congratulations to my newly engaged brother and his fiance, Sarah. (She's cute, huh?) A December wedding is in the works. Two brothers in one year isn't bad at all. I haven't met Sarah yet and I don't know if I will before the wedding, but I suppose we've got a long lifetime of family get togethers in the future.

My brothers have and are marrying these pretty and skinny younguns. (I was a youngun too) But it is a bit strange to be the old crow sister. (I am getting crows feet and I'm not thirty yet, so I think I have the right to call myself an old crow) I do look back with fondness on those just barely being twenty days when I was newly married. Ah, such good memories of smooth skin, energy, good nights of sleep, and small grocery bills...etc. But I still wouldn't trade the now aging skin, the fatigue, the lack of sleep, or the slightly larger grocery bills for the enteraining children I have in my life.

7 comments:

Jinny and Mick said...

Melissa, you are so funny! I can't believe all these younger cousins are old enough to get married! Makes me feel old, too. I'll add varicose veins to your list, I'm starting to get them-nasty, huh? And there's nothing like meeting the in-laws on the wedding day. It happens. Oh, I wanted to tell you one of our favorite meatless recipes that my kids love -LENTIL TACOS. (Recipe on greatfamilyeats.blogspot.com there's an alphabatized list on the side.)

Megan said...

you are a good mom.

I'm glad we're related

Swensen Family said...

Cute post...I wouldn't trade anything for my little ones either!! Congrats to your family growing even more...cute couple!

Romney Family said...

Well~I still got you beat by one year so I definitely feel old!! Wrinkles have already started coming and body parts that don't quite hang like they use too but I ofcourse like you are glad for the little ones that we have in our lives. Sara is a cutie!! yeah for Jamo!!

Linford Family said...

Congrats Jamo! She is cute! I didn't meet quite a few of my sister in laws until my wedding. I didn't meet a few of their husbands until after my wedding. (there are 9 sisters in his fam) Yeah, I feel old too, but you shouldn't say "skinny" in your post because YOU are skinny! Life is great with kids (and I suppose a hubby too (: ), there is no other think like it.

thebusbyfamily said...

old crow? i don't think so.

you are funny and one of the best mom's i know. my brother is one lucky man!

congrats to your brother!

thebusbyfamily said...

i told jon that we needed some pictures of the boys. as excited as i am for your brother, it's time.

i also want to see more pictures of the new place. mom sent me the ones you took of the outside and it looks really nice! i am excited for you guys. it'll be nice to have some extra breathing room while jon is MIA this coming year. ya know, if you need to hide from the boys for five minutes you can :)

just wanted you to know that we were thinking of you!

xo, melissa