Friday, May 8, 2009

A not so interesting update

We ventured to the park during a sunny day. I love this picture of Chase, he so looks like he's posing as a model. This is not his typical pose which is a silly cheese it smile.

Not a whole lot has been going on...at least nothing to brag about. I suppose I can try to find something to blab about. Jon is in his last semester of the school year. YEAHHHH! Only three+ months of stressful, finals every week type of living for my poor man. Then it will be one more year of clinical internship type of stuff. We were supposed to have found out by now what the schedule will be like for the clinical year, but we have not been informed yet. There's about three options that we are expecting will turn out. In a list of our favored preferences:

1. We will get our requested Great Falls area, where we will move into my Grandmother's duplex in Fairfield and live on the other side. There are some good perks to that living arrangement. Cheap housing! The biggest place we've lived in yet! In turn, keep a good eye on my aging grandma. Fairfield is a good little town and the elementary school is one block away from the house, so Chase can walk on over. Bye the way, this town is so safe that people leave their doors unlocked and the bikes are all unchained.
It sounds like a nice change of pace.

2. We will be in Billings for the most part, so we can just stay put while Jon will have to venture out for a couple 6 week rotations out of town.


3. This option sucks, but it could happen and has been the standard protocol for the program. Jon will be given six week rotations in several different towns, which means we will not be living together. I have to stay put in one place with a soon to be kindergardener. I'll move to Fairfield and feel like a single mom while more poor husband will be living in a new place every six weeks for an entire year. I really really really really really hope this one does not happen. Can I do it? Sure. But not very well.


Naturally, we are ancy to find out what our fate will be. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. I'd prefer not finding out at the last minute...in August.
But at least I know that I have a 2/3 chance of living in Fairfield.

What else can I talk about? Hmm, oh yeah. Everybody is pregnant right now or just had a baby. Congrats to all my friends and the newly pregnant sister in law who have bundles in their bellies. I'm excited for you all. I really want one right now, but between all the current circumstances, its just not doable right now. But I want one. I'm kind of struggling with it, especially since Logan is 2 1/2. Oh well. I'll just be envious of all of you. (But more happy for you than envious)


I can't think of anything else to say.


I'm wearing green sweatpants and a striped multicolored green shirt.


I'm such a stay at home mom in that get up.


While I'm at it, I think I'll go have a donut.

7 comments:

Megan said...

You're darling. I'm glad we're related.

Linford Family said...

You are funny. I like to read your blog. I hope everything works out the way you want it to! Come see us in Fairfield either way(if you can)- we are going June 8 and leaving the beginning of August.

Romney Family said...

Your boys are so cute!! Don't you just hate the waiting game and not knowing what is in your future!! I wish and pray for the best for you guys!!

Mommy of our Monkeys said...

oooooh... I miss you all the boys are giting so big!! they are so cute!! i hope every thing woorks out for you!! well you know you can always just move to St. George but then again i am just shellfish ;) love and miss ya!!!

Susan said...

I love you and I love reading your blog and I love those darling little boys!
Even with all the uncertainty, isn't life great!
You're wonderful. I couldn't have hand-picked a better daughter-in-law!

Jinny and Mick said...

P.s. You are so funny, I laugh every post. That would be so exciting to be able to be at home, I hope everything all works out for you guys. I'm sure it's frusterating not knowing what the near future holds!!

Jenn said...

I agree with "mommy of our monkeys" you can always just move back here and we will stick together to not go crazy.