Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A GROWING FAMILY



So the four of us (My mom, sister Lauren, and brother Jamason) took a very long road trip to Phoenix this past weekend. I dropped off my little munchkins at the in laws in Utah (Thank you Tom and Sue for taking care of my little wild monkeys!) It was very nice and RELAXING to not have children for a couple days...even though I sort of missed them and maybe wanted to show them off just a little bit.

We arrived in Phoenix in time to enjoy the marriage and sealing of my brother Jarom to his beautiful and (enviously skinny) wife Jamie. She is now a SCHMIDT. There will be endless nicknames for their children. Trust me.


I just love the grins of bride and groom's faces as they come out of the temple as newly married folk.

I reflect back on my own sealing and remember that it was a special time, but now that I'm a little older and a lot more wiser ( I hope) It's so more meaningful and important to me now. I wish I had a little more experience in the temple before my own sealing to appreciate it better. But what can you do? That's kind of how it works.



The reception was beautiful and it was all basically outdoors in this pretty garden area. It truly was the most fun I have ever had at a reception. It must have been that the weather was perfect and we just roamed around outside eating food and chatting it up with the peoples. Let me tell you, it's so fun to ROAM around at a reception. Outdoors.

Good stuff.


Jarom and his best man, Jamason. Jamason has plans of his own to marry his girlfriend by December. (Yes she has the same idea) So I may be doing all of this again in 8 months. Just a sudden growth of family. It's crazy, but fun.





What a fun and modern CAKE, huh?


So this is my new family....minus my husband and children. Don't you just love sun pictures? Such a flattering thing, that sun.

5 comments:

mama cow said...

Was that the Wright House that the reception was at? So much better then a cultural hall. If you do it again in December let me know and I will try to plan a trip down myself so I can see you. :)

Jinny and Mick said...

That is so awesome, I wished we could have been there. REmember those old newlywed days??! Another wedding again soon, huh?? That is very exciting. I must say, a few days without kids sounds incredibly relaxing. I bet it was so nice not to have to chase them everywhere while you were there!

Elly May said...

Looks like you guys had a good time at the wedding even if you did spend four days in the car to go. What nice inlaws you have!

Romney Family said...

How fun!! You all looks so great all dressed up. Sure wish I could have been there!!Thanks for sharing the photos of the event for us all that couldn't go!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad this worked out for you to go. It is sooo special to get together as family, especially at important times like weddings. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The temple looks beautiful and so do you!
The reception looks as incredible as you described.
It was wonderful to get to see you, if only for a short time, and the time spent with the boys was GREAT!!!