Sunday, November 2, 2008


For Halloween, we took the boys to BOO at the ZOO. I thought they'd have fun looking at the animals like they did last time we were there. There were twenty booths that handed out candy, which meant that they only got that many pieces of candy. That's a good number for the little ones, but I like them to get a few pieces so that i can "borrow" a few good candy bars."

Anyway, I was disappointed that they could care less about the animals. They just wanted to have candy. We finally gave up when Bruno the bear and the Siberian tiger held no interest for them. It cost twelve bucks for me and Jon to get into the zoo, so i figure that i just paid twelve bucks for those twenty pieces of candy. Expensive candy too, especially when half of it is smarties and sweet tarts. I could have taken them somewhere for free, received free candy, and they would have loved it.

The boys had fun even though I was annoyed that they didn't care about the animals.

Happy HALLOWEEN

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys are the same way at the Zoo. They care more about running around then the animals them self. But silly me I still like to bring them there.

Jinny and Mick said...

That's funny. We finally had to tell Boston we wouldn't take him to anymore houses if he didn't say Trick r Treat and Thank you. All he did was stare at what they were putting into the bucket and immediately say, 'Let's go to another house!'. We have way too much candy, too-I'm ready to toss it! Their costumes are cute, I love seeing kids in their Halloween costumes.

Romney Family said...

Your boys sure are cute in their costumes!! I love Halloween and dressing up. Sorry you didn't get any good candy!! what a bummer!!!

thebusbyfamily said...

it was definitely a good idea. even if the boys didn't care. just be glad you don't live here, because the zoo is $16 for adults. it would have cost you more that double. that should make you smile for at least 3 seconds.

also, i will call you about some recipes.

have a good day!!

Linford Family said...

Kids are just so unpredicatable, ya just never know how they will like something! I would have thought it was a good idea too. Oh, hopefully you guys can make to to thanksgiving because I'm pretty sure my parents invited your mom and you guys if you're there. Hopefully everything turns out ok with Jons uh sickness thing.

Susan said...

We love, love love these little boys. They are so cute in their costumes! Love the ninja - good job Mom! Sorry the zoo didn't turn out the way you wanted - that's called a reality check - when you have this vision of how perfect the occasion is going to be and then reality hits! Oh well. You guys are great parents and are raisng our grandsons well. Good Job!
Love you all to pieces,
Mom and Dad

Megan said...

I love that puppy costume! If only I had one. Tell Chase he looked super tough as a ninja.

The zoo is only as interesting as the treats that you can get there--at least I'm pretty sure that's how Trev feels about it and from the sound of it Chase and Logan feel the same.

Jenn said...

it could have ben worse... the last time i was at the zoo mia spent the whole time crying because she was afraid of the chickens, peecocks, and pigons- whom were allowed to rome free- allong with having no intrest for any animal there. i am glad you had fun though.

Jenn said...

oh yea i have tagged youon my blog you should check it out!

Jenn said...

sorry i didn't look at my blog, i didn't mean to harass you, but you do know that you can fudge a bit and post any picture you want only say it fits the tag. lol just a thought. :D