Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall time


I have not been good at updating this blog. I couldn't find a way to sign in for a few months because the link totally disappeared, but I somehow made it. Wahoo! Anyway, we've just been busy with life, but last month Jon had a Friday off. You have no idea how hard it is to get a Friday off.  It's impossible. But there was an awesome tribal holiday that day so it was a piece of cake. We just had to something fun and we had been thinking of renting a cabin for a couple of years so we went ahead and did it. Its just up our canyon so it wasn't too far. The leaves were starting to change and it was really beautiful. It was very last minute, but we invited Jon's parents since they aren't too far away.

The little kiddos always love a little smores action over the campfire.



The next day we rented an atv and had fun all day long. Now I can see why many of our neighbors have these fun toys. My boys constantly ask if we can buy atv's, camping trailers, trucks, etc, I always have to say, "Do you want your own bedroom in a basement that we'd like to finish soon or a toy that we don't have a place to even put it?" They don't like those philosophical questions.








The mountains are my go to place for happiness. There is something about the fresh smell of trees, the trickle of a creek, and the peaceful serene that accompanies me I'm up there.  It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This looks like it was so much fun. And it's hard being the practical adult … some day your boys will know what it's like and they'll thank you.

The last picture of you and Jonny may be my favorite of you two ever. (Also your hair looks great!)