We got to celebrate Chase's ninth birthday last month. We went bowling and played glow in the dark miniature golf. That was super fun and Chase loved it.We got to celebrate it with Grandma and Grandpa Baird and we got to see Megan and Delilah and Grandma and Grandpa Horrocks.
Chase was my first baby and my first love besides Jonny. I thought he was a pretty easy baby, and he's been a pretty easy boy. From the moment he started walking, there was this frenzied energy that radiated off him. Now that he is nine, he can hold still when he has too, but its amazing to see that the frenzied energy is still there. He is a little more energetically crazy than the average kid, and I've learned to ignore the comments that other people can make sometimes about his energy levels. Well I think he's great even though he drove me nuts running all over the place. he still can sometimes. But otherwise, Chase is sweet and kind and obedient and thoughtful and smart.
His favorite things to do are to build and play with legos, read books, and play with his friends in the neighborhood. He is in the third grade and has really enjoyed school. His teacher says he's very bright and also very quiet in class because he is always reading a book. Even when he is not supposed too. He hides books under his desk. :) She said he is reading on a difficult eight grade level, which blows me away, but then again, that just happens when you like to read a lot.
We love our Chase boy.
And Jon and I celebrated 11 years of marriage last month too. Woohoo!
Love ya Jonny B


3 comments:
And I think I remember you saying that you worried (don't know if that's the right word...) that Chase wouldn't like to read because he wouldn't hold still long enough to get through a book...am I making that up?
He is such a good boy! About as sweet as they come. We love you!
xoxo
Oh, and happy anniversary!!
Chase is great! I think he is the perfect mixture of energy and sweetness. AND last I checked, all boys are a bit crazy ;) I'm so glad Delilah and I were able to see you all.
And here's to 11 years! You and Jonny are pretty awesome.
Post a Comment