Tuesday, March 5, 2013
One years old and loving it.
Ty recently woke up to a pleasant morning on his birthday. He looks like he's up to something, doesn't he? (He' sucking on daddy's pants)
That night was too busy (with all of us having church and scout obligations) to celebrate his birthday so we slapped a chocolate cookie in front of him at breakfast time and sang the good old B day song. I think I'm a believer of cookies instead of cake now. My other boys didn't touch their first birthday cake. They just smeared it around, which is fun, but they weren't interested in eating it. But Ty went to town on his cookie and it was entertaining to watch. Yes, we missed out on the cake smearing, but oh well. You've got to go with the flow.
Yes dear, we like "seafood"
The after effects of chocolate. He looks like he's laughing so hard he's trying not to wet himself. Then again, he's got a diaper on, so he probably did.
The chocolate dribbled pajamas got taken off and he felt free as a naked little chickling.
Which is cuter, no clothes or clothes? Such a toss up.
Then he got a little milk drunk....
It lasted awhile....
And then he ended the day with a little game of cupboard peek a boo.
With each baby we'd watch him play with all the household gadgets and thought we out to put them all on one board and let him have fun. We finally did it this year. He loves it. It's not a sexy looking toy, but with door latches, chains, door springs, spinny wheels and buttons (his latest obsession) he spends lot of time on his new little birthday gadget.
I have always enjoyed loving my baby boys, but this time around its been even more special to me. I love seeing how much his big brothers love and adore him. My boys are so wild and energetic, but then they have this softie gushy lovey dovey side for their baby brother and it melts my heart.
Ty is still a little thing, but it's nice on my arms as I lug him around everywhere. He has the hang of walking down pretty well and is trying his hand at jogging now. He mostly uses it for crying and coming after us when we are trying to get something done, or to get away from his grimy cracker crumbly hands.
We love Ty most for his excellent smiles. There is something about those big cheeky grins that we can't get enough of. My favorite thing is when he sticks his head in my way and starts laughing, like he's trying to get my attention to make me laugh. He is such a happy baby. We had absolutely adore him. He doesn't like strangers and he doesn't like Logan touching him. I don't like Logan touching him either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Your family is super sweet. I love that grin of Ty, he is so cute, all your boys are! :) Love you guys!
i love this! what a sweet, beautiful little boy!
Happy Birthday Ty! He is such a handsome little squirt and I love your writing about him. And his "homemade" toy looks super fun, like I want to play with it fun. So glad he is around :)
Wow, does time sure fly or what? Such a handsome group of boys. That gadget toy looks pretty dang awesome-we might have to copy that idea! I think it's the best watching the kids love each other:)
Post a Comment