Monday, August 13, 2012

My house (I like saying that)

So I will finally post some pictures of our house. I've been lazy, but mostly busy because you cannot get anything done in the summer with three kids home all day long demanding food and fun on the hour.

These posted backwards from what I meant to do, so that is why I am starting with this lovely picture of the staircase. Super exciting, right?  However, I LOVE it. All my crap is down there. The toys, the bins, food storage, visions of a finished basement one day, etc. And our hammer decided to disappear during the move so we haven't hung a single thing up yet. :)  Hope it decides to make an appearance one day.




The lighting was hard to work with while taking pictures. We have big windows all along the kitchen and living room walls so its super sunny. If I close the blinds it's super dark. The camera didn't want to work well with both options, and I don't even know how to work my camera.
                                                                          
                                                                           Kitchen


Love love love my granite.  So shiny and glossy and hard. Very loveable.  We went with super rounded edges seeing that the island is right where my boys heads are as they run by. Logan has already bumped his a head a few times. (We know our kid's very well)



We have a humongous sectional and it has never fit into any place we have lived. It still doesn't. It takes up the whole space, but we love lounging on it.



The fireplace turned out real nice. Jonny really wanted one, so we did it. And we are glad we did. I don't love how the tv encroaches on the focal point of the fireplace, but when we finish our basement, we'll make the tv room down there. Then the fireplace can be happy.

                 Master bath- has a shower and a jetted tub,which I have been too busy to use :( 
                                            (to clarify, I meant the tub. I have washed, I promise)


                          And a seperate throne room which is kind of a nice bonus.  Not necessary, but nice.



                                  The room belonging to the Masters. 



                                                        The second bathroom (kids, guests)

 Back view. We really wanted to have an awning/porch thing. We had visions of sitting out watching it rain. Maybe throw some grilling parties in the future.

                            Future basketball court/extra driveway parking/extended patio party seating.


                      The grand front view with the gnarly weeds that are quickly overtaking the yard.


                                                         random pic of the shower.


                                                                  
                                                                   laundry room

So there you have it.  That's our house and we love it.  It has 2 baths, 4 bedrooms, and an unfinished basement with lots of room to grow.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Ah I LOVE IT!!! Not to mention slightly jealous of some of your features ... like cabinets in the laundry room to mention just one of the many. I cannot wait to see it in person. It's beautiful and you and your family are so deserving of it.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Love the house, love you and Jon and love those boys!

Romney Family said...

so nice and fun to have your own home!! so excited for you guys!!!

thebusbyfamily said...

Congratulations!!

I'm so excited to see it in person!

thebusbyfamily said...

oh, and I really, really like the cabinets in your laundry room too.

It's the simple things in life . . . who knew? apparently cabinets in the laundry room are important.