Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two Years Worth It

So last week was full of fun, exciting things. First of all, this cute boy started first grade.

And Grandma and Grandpa came to town so Chase had an entourage to walk him to school. I bet he felt pretty cool. His teacher seems very nice. Chase said all the other ladies who work at the school were bossy, but not his teacher. So somehow he scored. Yeah!

Then Auntie Melissa and adorable Mister Creede (who we loved meeting for the first time) flew into town. We all gathered on the lawn of Rocky Mountain College under a lovely white tent for an outdoor graduation ceremony. It was 100 degrees that day. The only scorcher day of the entire year had to be that one.



My studly husband was able to don his fancy jacket during the Physician Assistant White coat ceremony and receive his diploma. He now insists that we refer to him as Master Baird. (We'll just have to see about that)

We were super excited for this day to happen. Going back to school was not an easy thing to do. It took a few years to actually make going to school happen. The two years during school were challenging as Jon studied his brains out during the stressful first year. We pretty much lived apart from each other the next. The children often asked, "Is daddy coming home to visit this weekend?" Needless to say, I am so glad it is over.

We decided the diploma is part mine, seeming that I suffered as much in school as he did. :)



This is what Logan did instead of participating during the ceremony.

Jon's grandparents were able to join us after a slow, windy mountain road decided to let them out of its clutches. We spent the next couple days having fun together.



Jon's family is so wonderful. I am so lucky to be apart of their family and I loved having them all visit. I hope we get to do it again soon.





Students? No more

Unemployed? Yes

But its a great way to become unemployed. Hopefully a fantastic job will work its way into our life very soon.


(Sorry about the undie shot, Melissa! I thought it was a cute picture and I figured you'd wouldn't mind showing off those great legs)

5 comments:

Megan said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so glad you guys now get to move on to the next exciting part of your lives!

(And I loved the undie shot!)

Susan said...

Thanks again for making us feel so welcomed and loved. It was a special time to share with you all.

thebusbyfamily said...

i am craving your desserts! you need to post them on the "food blog" creede wants some more too :)

thanks for having us it was a lot of fun!

thebusbyfamily said...

oh, and if i wasn't wearing those particular "undies" that would be quite the up-the-skirt-leg shot!

congratulations again to your cute family!

thebusbyfamily said...

one more thing. . .

yes, i just checked the "food blog". thanks for the recipes! you are a gem :)