Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Marching in March

Happy 32nd Birthday to a great husband and daddy. Sorry we couldn't be together to celebrate. (900 miles will do that) But we love you and miss you. We'll make next year an extra crazy bash. I'm not sure what constitutes crazy, but it will be happening.



In lieu of being stuck indoors all winter, we signed Chase up for indoor soccer. It's the one sport he has shown interest in. Uncle Travis would be proud. Chase had his first game last weekend. He's pretty timid and not aggressive or overly ancy to get the ball. He'll kick it if comes to him, but he did manage an awesome maneuver that scored the team goal. That was exciting for him. I'm trying to keep my sidelines mom stuff to myself. I have to remind myself that he's only in kindergarten. It's ok if he wants to lie down in the middle of the court during the game if he gets tired. Or run off to get a drink during the game. Or stop and spin circles like a fairy if the coach is telling him to run after the ball.

Oh my sweet silly boy. The game makes him happy. So I'm happy.





So how am I doing this year having had Jonny gone all this time? This pic will explain it.

All of it.

2 comments:

Romney Family said...

I know how you feel sweet cousin!!! Hang in there it will all be over soon. I wish I lived closer to keep you company!!! How fun for Chase!!!

Megan said...

You make me laugh. Plus, I think you are AMAZING! Plus, way to go CHASE!!!!!!!! Plus, happy birthday Jonny!


And, yeah, the word "plus" looks weird.