Sunday, February 21, 2010

We are a happy family (trying anyway)


You ever had the thought as your family is all dressed up for church, "Geez, this is the best we have looked all week. Lets take a picture. We haven't had a family picture taken in 2 years." Well, this is one of those self timers with the camera dangerously balancing on the top of the chair. Gotta love those. We did this just before dad had to leave for another 6 week rotation that is very far away. This time we won't see him at all, unless a miracle happens. I miss him already. Been missing him for 3 months now, but at least I saw him on weekends. This time it's a little harder to say goodbye. I snuggled with him a little bit longer than usual this morning in bed. It was the best we could do.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hopefully this six weeks will go by quickly. I'll call alot and you can call any time. You are a real trooper and I appreciate the support you give Jon. Love you guys!
P.S. Jon is missing you!

Romney Family said...

Hang in there it will be over soon!!! I know how you feel. It stinks when the husbands are gone so much!! YOu all look great by the way. I say that was a successful timed photo!!

Linford Family said...

You look so good! You are amazing. That stuff is never much fun. Happy Anniversary and Happy B-day to the 6 year old! I can't believe he is 6!

thebusbyfamily said...

the best part of that good lookin' family picture is chase's big grin!

hang in there!

Jinny and Mick said...

That sounds like the family pics we get, too! Hopefully the next few weeks will go by fast!