Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I guess I'll mention I had a birthday last week



I'm twenty eight now, although everyone I meet assumes I've been in my thirties for awhile. (That feels good) That started back when I was in my early twenties. Either I'm just so darn mature or I just happen to look old. I suppose it could be both. I've always looked old. It's my curse, although I didn't think it was too bad of a thing to have boys think I was 20 when I was 15. That didn't serve me very long.

Bad aging genes and a very likely sleep disorder are probably the culprits.

But besides that, I had such a nice day. Chase was very insistent that we do a family cake. I had to ask just what a family cake was. Pretty simple, actually. He said you put a picture of our family on top of the cake and write, "family." Well, I said that was perfectly fine for next's month's random cake. But it was MY birthday and I wanted a cake to celebrate ME. I got my way. Since Jon was gone, I made the most delicously gooey chocolatey snacking cake I could and the most fudgy yummy frosting. (Very chocolately things give Jon bad heartburn, so we've laid off chocolate because of him).

It was a very warm day so I joined some gals from the ward for a park day. It was nice to have a conversation with other adults. When I got back from the park there was a box on my porch. Jon sent me a huge bouquet of roses. I loved them, of course, but couldn't help but wonder how much they cost because we are dirt poor college students. Then I just convinced myself that I deserved them.

And I do.

They are especially gorgeous now that they are blooming. I got phone calls from family and my kids were mostly sweet and mostly behaved. I really did have a nice day and it was fun to end it with cake and ice cream and open some boxes I got in the mail from people who love me.

Also, Logan is finally potty training. Yeah.

And I am so glad that the weather is turning nice. I have sent Chase to school for 5 months with a warm winter hat. He has had hat hair forever and a funny cowlic on his bangs. I can finally style his hair cute. He looks handsome again. He came home the other day with a some school picture that I could order. His hair is really long, and it sticks up at all angles. Really bad hat hair. I had to laugh. He wanted me to buy this pictures and I pointed out his hair, saying "Really?"

8 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah for the roses! They are BEAUTIFUL! And you do totally deserve them.

I'm glad that the weather is getting better, nothing is worse that hat hair. love you all

Susan said...

The flowers are gorgeous and it's warmer in Billings than in Salt Lake. Yea for you!
Love you tons and hope you had a great birthday!

Romney Family said...

You do deserve the flowers. Happy belated birthady. So glad you had a good one. I use to not like chocolate very much and then after I had Owen. I started craving it all the time. We are all chocaholics in this house!!!

Mommy of our Monkeys said...

Happy late Birthday! you are so lucky to have such a sweet guy!!

Jinny and Mick said...

Happy Late Birthday. Love the flowers and you totally don't look in your thirties!

Mom at Our House said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. What a great surprise to find the flowers!

thebusbyfamily said...

jonnyb did a really really good job on those roses!

hope you are hanging in there! only a little over a week left right?

tialovesmontana said...

You're such a cute mom!