So Jon was finishing up his six weeks away, and was heading home for the Easter Weekend. He said he would get home Friday. (We get him for three months. YEAH!!!) He was getting away Thursday night, driving to Salt Lake City to stay the night at his parents and then head our way on Friday. I was talking on the phone with him Thursday night, then he said he had arrived at his parents, so we hung up. I went to talk to my my mom, who was buried under pillows and stuffed animals when the doorbell rang. So I ran down the stairs and peeked out the peeper window and saw someone standing off, avoiding being seen. This should probably be a no no to the wives who don't have husbands around at the moment, but I opened the door. And who should be standing there but my great big grinning husband. He yelled April Fools just before kissing me.
Wife was very surprised to see husband. Apparently the Doctor he was interning under suggested that he'd let Jon off a day early if he promised not to tell his wife and surprise her. (I like that Doctor)
It has been wonderful having him around again. Not failing to mention that its nice to have someone to cuddle with at the end of the day. He helps put the kids to bed, he helps clean up dinner, and he does those jobs that I don't have to because...he does them.
And I finally get a moment of this.

And Logan gets to do his part to.
And part of his job is to just be cute. Like this. Or is it creepy?
So we have a life size tractor movie going on right around us. The boys thought it was the coolest thing to see the tractors tear up the road and then scoop it up and dump it into big trucks. It's kind of captivating to look out your window and watch it. The only downfall to this is that I've seen the rate the road crews work in this town. They drag out projects to last a year. No joke. Every road around me is torn up. I'm hopeful that they'll move quicker than normal because the road they are redoing is an important road. There's a school at the end of it.
VROOOOOM
BEEEP BEEEP BEEP
And I have never understood the young child's ability to never sit on something meant sitting on.
4 comments:
i was wondering when i was going to see a post about this surprise. i love surprises and this was a good one!
it is good to see you lying down on the couch and the boys helping daddy mow the lawn -- as it should be!
i'm so glad that your family is back together again. it was really good to see jonnyb while we were at mom & dad's at the same time. look forward to seeing you and your cutie-pa-tutie boys sometime soon.
xoxo
Yeah for having your hubby home and yeah for visitors!!! Owen would be in heaven with all that equipment working right outside!!
best April fools ever! I beet you were so ecstatic to see him.
HOw's the road coming? Still providing amusement for the boys?
Saw your pizza recipe and it looks delicious!
Hope all is well. Love you.
Post a Comment