Monday, October 19, 2009

Who doesn't love fall?





As you can see, we had a lot of leaves at our house. It was awesome.






Did any of you hit up the roller rink as a child? I went all the time as a young elementary school aged girl when I lived in Vegas. It was so fun...and there were so many cute boys. It was the hip thing to do. I also thought it was real cool to be able to roller skate into the bathroom stall.

So, guess what? There is a roller rink just down the street from our house. It's old and outdated, but better than nothing. Chase had been begging for us to go, and I was hesitant because he and Logan are so young and it probably wouldn't be much fun when you first start skating and can't stand up well. But we went anyway because it was winter outside of our door and an indoor entertainment of some sort was needed.


How did Chase do? Hmmm, he was like a giraffe trying to walk for the first time.

Where were the free licorice sticks for the losers when I was a child? Logan wanted to go back through the limbo line again to get another licorice. I tried to explain that it was a one time deal...especially once you've lost. There was a tantrum in the roller rink that day.


The boys were the most comfortable hanging out here, watching.

I enjoyed it because it brought back lots of memories. The boys really got out there and tried out the whole balancing thing, which made me happy. I even got to hold hands with my hubby and go around the rink a few times. (Rare hand holding experiences) The only thing I didn't love was that hip hop rap music seemed to be the theme and I thought some of the songs had a lot of cuss words considering this was a young crowd of kiddies. That's what you get when you have a teenage boy deejay.

Overall Fun family experience.

P.S. I had to buy a shovel before I needed to buy a rake. How weird is that? Who knew winter would come first, and then the leaves would fall off.

5 comments:

Linford Family said...

Cute photos! My mom said she enjoyed seeing you. She said you guys like laurel. I guess I didn't realize it was so close to Billings. That's cool.
Ahh the roller rink. My fam and I use to go a lot to the one in GF. They had home school days often. It was so much fun, I loved it. I thought I was so cool once I "graduated" from skates to rollerblades...haha

Romney Family said...

How fun!!! I loved the roller rink and still do. They had one in Reixburg we would go to. Love all the photos of the leaves. How fun for the boys to jump in!!

Mom at Our House said...

Cute pics. I love how many leaves you have. I bet the boys had a ball out there jumping in them

Susan said...

What a blast! Love the pictures and the boys and their mother. Miss you.

Jenn said...

what fun! I am glad to see that all is not dreary winter for you out there.