This is us on a picnic and YES that is snow. Snowy picnics rock. Not all the snow was melted, but it was still nice, so whatever. We had fun.
That's the point.
Red Lodge had a cute little main street with charming little tourist shops that had breakables in every direction. My wild little boys did not do so good in those shops. STRESS.
But I had fun in the Candy Emporium. I grabbed a brown paper bag and filled it up with a few of my favorite goodies (fruit flavored tootsie rolls...fruities... and yummy different flavored salt water taffys) Jon peeked into my bag and thought I was strange because there were all these wonderful chocolates and fudges I could have had, butI bought things I could buy at any grocery store. I only had one thing to say to him. "I want what I want." Need I say more?
(although now I secretly wish I would have chosen a chocolate confectionary. But I'd never admit that to Jon). OOPS, I guess I just did.
Chase and Logan got just what they wanted too. A huge lollipop. Out of all the candy in the store, and believe me, there was a lot, they wanted a lollipop. I don't blame them.

No, that is NOT their slobber on the ground...but it is believable with a lollipop of that size, isn't it?
Then we drove to Fairfield and stayed the rest of the week at my mom's house which was nice and relaxing. Since me and Jonny's birthdays were just a few days away, mom made a yummy ice cream cake for us. THANKS MOM. I thought Jon's birthday was on Monday as we got back to town late Saturday night. I was planning on throwing something together on Monday while he was at school. I rechecked the calender, discovering that I was wrong. His birthday was Sunday. Poor Jonny had no presents to open that day because of my poor planning (I felt bad) but we did manage to make a tasty chocolate cake. I asked Jonny what he wanted for a present and he said he'd think about it, which was what he told me all the other times I had asked him before his birthday. I "get" him though. We are poor college students and aren't really jumping at the chance to spend extra money. You get used to not wanting anything, and I don't bother to look for things I want because it's just plain torture to be honest.
Well, my birthday came and I was sick of cake, so I made a yummy chocolate pie. Happy birthday to me. For my present, Jon blindfolded me and slipped some rubber glove type thing onto my hand. I thought it was strange, but I went along with it. When I opened my eyes to see rubber spiders taped to the glove, I was completely confused. "Uh, thanks hun." (I knew were were poor, but not that poor.)
Then Jonny informed me of it's purpose. He told me that it was to desensitize me. I should have "gotten it" but I didn't. I'm not exactly known to have a good memory. Quite the opposite, actually.
I continued to be confused as I opened the next present.
When I opened up a camera, it all made sense. Good job to my cute hubby for being clever. Why was this spider glove so ingenious? Because of my past camera slip ups, especially the one at the zoo last fall. I had safely worn our camera's neck strap around my NECK the entire time at the zoo. For one brief second, while we were admiring the Siberian Tiger, I took the strap off my neck and was tinkering with the camera. The next thing I knew, a spider landed on my hand, and doing what I always do when a spider touches me- I FLICKED IT. I flung that spider off my hand. Unfortunately, the camera went with it too. It died that day.
And I still am grateful to Jonny for keeping his cool about it. He must have sensed that I already felt bad enough as it was. I ruined a really nice camera and we had just barely gotten it not too long before I destroyed it.
ME and my NEW CAMERA! YEAH! (it's so shockingly small)Oh yeah, Jon got his present too. Ta-da!
Not very exciting for him, is it? Next year will be better. And I'd like to say one last farewell (I hope its the last one, because I said goodbye to this bad boy last time we got another camera) to the Dinosaur.
But is it really so uncool to have something old for crying out loud!
And speaking of unwanted comments, I don't know what is up with this week, but I have gotten a lot of unsolicated remarks about my children. I was at Walmart the other day and I had just pulled up to a check out line and my boys were helping to put the food onto the (I don't know what to call it) the moving black- too small to be an escalator thing- you put your food on. I'm blanking here) Anyway, the cashier says. "I'm glad it's you and not me."
I look at her like "Huh?"
She says, "Those boys have a lot of energy."
I looked at my kids, who were actually standing around the cart instead of running and off and truthfully told her. "Actually, they are being really calm right now."
She was like, "Whoa. That sucks."
Thanks.
(she was probably in her thirties and has girls or no kids at all.) And lots of other people tell me that my kids are energetic. I guess they are, but it's what I'm used to. I suppose two boys can feed off of each other pretty badly. But I want to know if I have the only energetic kids in the world, because people's comments seem to indicate so.
Well I think they are dang cute even if they can't sit still.
Here's the proof:

7 comments:
Living in the land of children (seriously there are over 20 children within 50 feet of our house) I can tell you that is just how kids are (boys and girls included) and I for one think Chase and Logan are DARLING! I wouldn't want them any other way either.
Super excited for you guys and your new camera! I expect lots of pictures
so i am thinking she is one of the i don't want kids types because, well.... your wonderfull boys are not over energetic in my opinion. Jared says that he agrees with me. i just love y'all!!
congrats on your new camera!
I would rather have two energetic boys, then ringing people up at wal-mart for 8 hrs a day. So I say better you then her.
Happy Birthday to both of you, and I hope you enjoy your camera.
I love reading your posts. Happy 'late' Birthday! Jon's quite the clever one-the spider glove was good. It is SO exciting to get a new camera after not having one for awhile! And, heck no, my kids are so wild and crazy (Dakota more than Boston half the time). I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one in the world with hyper active children, but I think it's totally normal.
We think your boys are perfect! Wouldn't want them any other way-we love them just the way they are!
We love you guys so much. Glad you had nice birthdays-wish we could have celebrated with you more than just over the phone.
I agree with megan. I'm glad you got a new camera so the pictures will keep on coming. Love those of Chase and Logan.
Love you all!
Mom and Dad
Sorry about the camera comment.... a long time a go.... and you made fun of it first!! Congrats on the new one!! and happy B-day! I love you and your boys! I think your boys are fun! We miss you all!!
i would love your roll recipe that you like. i haven't made homemade rolls in forever! post the recipe for me on your blog! :)
and by the way, the waffles irons that you are talking about are sold at bed bath and beyond, but they are spendy, like $80-100 bucks I think. (maybe more) that is what my sis-in-law made the waffles in -- very yummy!
hope you had a happy day, sorry i was never able to talk to you personally. hopefully you got my singing message?
love you guys and handsome boys!
Post a Comment