Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big 5, Big 7

We just recently celebrated two very special occasions at our house. First of all, Chase had a big birthday (#5) and for his birthday he wanted to go to Chuckie Cheeses (of course). We weren't going until dinner time and we went to the store earlier that day to get the goodies to make his requested race car cake. I kept running into people I knew and I mentioned that it was Chase's birthday. He'd get mad and me and whisper "MOM, stop telling everyone about my birthday. It's a surprise. Be quiet!" I was not allowed to say anything about it. Well, we finally went to the famous pizza playground and Chase had a blast. He was very sweet as he kept telling me and daddy that he loved us so much because we took him to Chuckie Cheeses. (As opposed to earlier that day when I threatened several times that we would not go to Chuckie Cheeses unless he started behaving better.)







This is us crawling through the tubes like a bunch of kids with the kids. It was awkward, but fun.




AND......................Happy anniversary to me and the hubby. This is year seven and it still shocks me to think that we've been married that long, and have a kid who is 5 years old. I don't feel that old yet, but I look it. :(

I love you Jonny.......and those brown eyes still make my heart flutter sometimes........









9 comments:

Romney Family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Happy B-day to Chase. they sure grow up way too fast. Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Megan said...

You don't look old!!! I can't believe that you guys have been married so long . . . where does the time go?

I love the picture of you two in the tubes--you look genuinely happy . . . and Jon, nice bum :)

thebusbyfamily said...

i had the exact same thought meggers ... nice bum shot jonnyb!

great pictures!!

sounds like a good party. some day you guys will have to start telling people your anniversary is the 14th so you & chase don't need to share your "special days"

is that selfish to say that??

mama cow said...

I can not believe how big your boys are! Congratulations on year 7! When are you moving back? I miss you!

Mom at Our House said...

Chase and my oldest are still a lot like. Bop wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday and he wanted a race car cake as well. To bad we don't live closer :(

Linford Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday Chase! Time flies doesn't it? You look great.

Susan said...

I'm glad the birthday and the anniversary went well! Time does go by too fast. It doesn't seem like seven years since your wedding and I still hold precious my memories of holding chase as a new-born. You have a wonderful family - love you all so much! Great pictures!!! St. George wasn't the same without you!

Jenn said...

congrats to you three those aer big milestones.

Jinny and Mick said...

You so don't look old!!! Happy Anniversary! Who knew Chuck E. CHeese could be adult friendly, too. I know the day is coming when we have to celebrate a b-day there, too!