Friday, January 30, 2009

ME...ME... ME...

Like Megan, I'm bored enough to do this . . .but mostly I just need to sit down and write something- it's how I expend my energy. I just spent the last fifteen minutes cleaning up a mess Logan made. He decided to make pen art out of my brand new desk chair. I used a lot of hairspray just to clean off the blasted thing. Gotta love children. I'm completely high on fumes right now.


8 Favorite TV Shows
1. Scrubs- this is the only show I have to see. I watch these other shows if I am doing nothing else. I don't find TV very entertaining lately.

2. The Biggest Loser
3.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- I like to see examples of good people who are constantly out to make the lives of other people better even though they are struggling themselves.
4. The Office
5. Chuck
6.
7
Friends- always a great classic
8. Sometimes I enjoy watching America's funniest home videos on Sunday. It's totally corny, but I do laugh sometimes. Mostly, it reminds me of my dad. He and I used to watch it together and he'd laugh so hard. Ah, sad but good memories.




8 Favorite Dishes
1. Apple bees oriental chicken salad. I order it every time.

2. Cafe Rio salads. It's been so long.
3. Pizza is always delicious. I like to make it because I like my homemade crust. My default is the cheap 5 dollar Little Caesars pizza. Although, I just recently noticed that they've shrunk the size of their pizza. That disappointed me. It's not the great value it used to be. It's more like a medium even though they claim its a large.
4. I always love tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Total comfort food.
5. My favorite snack-this is so tasty- Fiesta Ranch Hidden valley dip with red bell pepper slices, carrots and celery. It's so yummy. It's best with the red peppers.
6. For some reason, I dig shredded BBQ beef or pork on sandwich rolls lately. I'm on a bbq kick
7. French toast is my next favorite comfort food.
8. A classic Caesar chicken salad. The kind you get at restaurants. yummy.


8 Things that Happened Yesterday (in order)
1. Tried to exercise while my boys wrecked havoc in the exercise room. They typically bring their cars and drive them over the other exercise machines, but yesterday they were getting into things they shouldn't.
2. Had some oatmeal with two giant pieces of homemade toast. Yes, I made bread and it was yummy, but I don't have a Bosch or kitchen aid, so kneading bread by myself is a pain. Not doing that very often.
3. Took the boys to walmart to buy groceries. It was the first time in awhile Logan wouldn't sit in a cart and he kept running off. Chase kept grabbing Logan's hood and dragging him back to me. It was too wild and crazy, which is a typcial shopping experience.
4. Because Chase was a good boy at walmart and because he had a free coupon for a junior frosty, we went to Wendy's for lunch. The boys were adorable. They sat cutely in their booth dipping nuggets and sipping their water. They were serious at eating. (and not wild) I just sat across from them and smiled because it was one of those parent moments where you just think your kids and cute and you love them.
5. Logan napped, Chase watched a movie, and I worked on the latest novel I'm writing. This one is very fun for me. I think it's kind of funny, but then it is my sense of humor, which probably only I get.
6. Made breakfast for dinner. Breakfast burritos. Has anyone found breakfast difficult to make? With one pan cooking eggs, another doing sausage, another cooking hashbrowns, grating cheese, warming up tortillas...There's too much multi-tasking. I'm sticking to simple pancakes next time. But it love breakfast for dinner.
7. The boys were extra wild before bed and I got frustrated and just wanted them in bed.
8. Ended the night fantastically. My sweet hubby, even though he was tired, gave me an hour long back scratch while we wound down in front of the tv. Can't get better than that.


8 Things I look Forward to
1. Getting a house
2. Having a yard for the kids

3. having an income again
4. Jon graduating this hard program
5. Sunshine and warmth

6. Finishing my book some day
7. trying to not get stressed about having to come up with 30 different dinners each month. I don't mind cooking but I don't like love it either. It does stress me a little...and yes I even plan out the meals, but I still don't like it.
8. Will the day ever come when I will not constantly be up and down in weight? Can't I magically stay skinny forever without any dieting or exercising.


Things I love about Winter
1. This is a hard one. I live in Montana. It is a frozen wasteland right now. I'll try to think positively.

2. There has been snow on the ground for 4 months straight, but the good is that when I open the curtains to let in light- there's lots of it. Shiny white snow is bright.
3. I get to wear cute sweaters and Jeans are my favorite item of clothing.
4. It's fun to take the boys sledding.

5.
6. hot cocoa
7. hot rolls and warm soups

8. cute winter hats

8 Things on my Wish List
1. A quality elliptical cross trainer.
2. A Bosch machine
3. a nice camera

4. a new mattress. Mine is evil, but our comfy new topper helps a lot.
5. The perfect pillow to sleep on
6. Beautiful clear skin without any lines, wrinkles, or dark bags. Oops, can't reverse time.
7. Shopping spree
8. A baby girl...one day...when I have another child...someday...


I tag: anyone that wants to entertain me

5 comments:

mama cow said...

I am send you a Cafe Rio Salad in the mail! Just kidding but I do have the recipie for the pork and the dressing and the rest is cake (not litterally) so if you want them just ask.

Linford Family said...

I remember your dad use to like watching funniest home videos-his laugh was awesome-it made me feel excited to watch that show! Do share your pizza crust recipe, I have one and its alright, but I'm searching for a better one. I like to make homemade pizzas and we also go for little caesers pizza every now and then until this summer when every one we got was like 4 days old and tiny. We quit getting those. I make bread every now and then, but would make it more if I had a bosch or kitchen aid as well. It's so good though. AN HOUR LONG BACK RUB!! I am so jealous! Bret gets sick of me begging him to give me back rubs and sick of giving them, but I don't know if any of them are as long as the one you got! The worst part about cooking meals for me is thinking of what to cook. I don't like it one bit. I have such a hard time and it seems like when I try something new-I'm the one eating all the leftovers. Anyway, that was fun to read and I had way too much to say about it!

Mom at Our House said...

The way I have found to mix up dinners and not have the same one everday is before I go shoping I sit down with a cook book and flip the pages and decide what looks good and then buy the stuff to make it. I plan on 7 meals at a time like that.

Jinny and Mick said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. I miss Cafe' Rio salads, too, they are so, so delicious. I'll probably take you up on the tag, I don't have much to post and I'm bored, too!!! Our taxes are calling me to file them, but I just don't quite feel like it yet.

Jenn said...

I have thought of the next sci-fi romance book you should write. a man cheets on his wife and calls it ( the affair) off just as the mistress finds out she is pregnant so she somehow implants the embreyo into his wifes body. my sister and i are im ing each other and we came up with this idea for you to give you a chalange and make life a little interesting. lol at least i would read it.