Friday, January 11, 2008

Get to know Jonny and Melissa: narrated by Melissa

Hello everybody,
I borrowed this from my cousin Jessie's blog and made it my own. Hope you enjoy.

How long have you been together? We started dating July 2001, but we didn't get married until February 2002. We had a summer romance in the Utah mountains, and then I went back to BYU- Idaho and Jonathan rejoined BYU's campus. We dated a whole semester- long distance, and only saw each other a handful of times because Jon was doing a busy athletic training internship that took up his weekends. I was stuck in the computer labs. I had a crazy stint where I was a computer informations major. I hated it and I hate computers to this day. Now that I've grown up, I finally know what I would study. Anyway, we couldn't handle the distance so we got married in the middle of the Olympics....in Utah too! Everyone told us we were crazy. (Our parents), but who makes sane decisions when they're in love?

How long did you date? -Dated 3 months engaged 4 months.

How old is he? just about 30.
How old am I? just about 26.

Who eats more? Jonathan usually eats more, but I can wolf down ice cream faster than him any day. It's the only thing he eats slower.
Who said I love you first? Jonathan did. I probably could have never said it first, but he's a confident guy so it worked out.

Who is taller? Jonathan at 6'1 and 1/2. (I'm sure he'd want me to add the 1/2).
Who sings better? Probably Jon. He's got a sexy deep voice, which translates into a decent singing voice. You should hear the woman that come up to me sometimes saying, "Oh, you lucky girl. Do you just sit there and swoon every time your husband speaks?" Ha! I'm the one who's always talking.

Who is smarter? We use different parts of our brains. Jon is hands down the intelligent one. He's a smarty pants who can remember anything he's learned or heard. My talents are more so in the creative department, which doesn't do me much good in the real world...but I did get pretty good grades in school.

Who does the laundry? Me.
Who does the dishes? Mostly me. Jonathan is real good at clearing the table and rinsing the dishes...but he has yet to take the dishes from the sink and put them into the dishwasher. I appreciate his efforts to do anything though.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed
? I do.
Who pays the bills? I'm all over the bill paying.

Who cooks dinner? I do, but I'm not that fond of cooking. I don't hate it, but its not where I choose to spend my time. The only day I love to cook is on Sundays because for some reason, I always crave a desert. Also, Jon goes to work around lunch time. I cook a nice lunch for him, but he's not home for dinner so me and the kids take it easy and eat light. I really don't have to prepare lots of meals. Its nice.

Who is more stubborn? It depends on the subject. I am very laid back, but there are a few issues I get in a huff about. Jonathan is not as laid back, so he's probably the more stubborn one.
Who kissed who first? Jonathan- (and I remember that his knees were shaking. Actually he was shaking all over.) I don't think it was chilly outside either.
Who asked who out? Jonny boy asked me out to go to some cave in the ground.
Who proposed? Jon did, but we'd already discussed that we were fond enough of each other to get married.
Who is more sensitive? Most definitely me

Who has more friends
? Hmmm. We have different types of friends. He has tons of tight friends from high school and college that he keeps in close contact with. Some of them have turned out to be my good friends. (their wives). But every since Jon has been an athletic trainer and has worked evenings and every Friday night- he never gets to hang out with friends and get to know people well. I on the other hand have a lot of new friends that I've made in the past few years. I've got to do something to pass the time while my hubby works weekends. (But it takes me awhile to make friends. I'm the reserved one.)
Who has more siblings? Jonny by 1. He's got four and I've got three.

Who wears the pants in the family
? It depends on the issue. Jon is pretty strong willed, but I don't back down easily, despite what people think when they observe my quiet, laid back nature. Somehow I get my way often.

Who embarrasses who more? Jon embarrasses me more. He likes to the blast the car radio to the 80's music. (nobody listens to that that but guys Jon's age) and then he rolls down the car's window and rocks it. I get embarrassed and roll the window up. He'll just roll it back down and sing out louder. I don't act goofy in public, only in my own home. I'm too self conscious.

No comments: