Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Want to know something?????


Since I've hit the twelve week mark, I thought it was time that I announce the obvious announcement (what else is there?) that I am expecting. My little brood of two kids is going to jump to three in mid-March. And since I've birthed my previous kids a week or two earlier than the due date, it probably means that this kid will be born on my birthday. We already share our wedding anniversary with our first child, why not give up yet another holiday that was once mine? (I hope not)





Proof, if you need it. Looks like a baby dog or something.



We are super excited, since this is long overdue for me. Good heavens, there's going to be such gaps between my children, but I'm grateful to have them anyway.


I've been gloriously sick and fatigued and it started extremely early. June was nice for my family, but July and August have been less than fun . I wish the summer could have gone differently and full of much more excitement, but it was what it was-Momma sprawled on the couch, eating grapes, saltines, and rice crispy cereal while telling dad to pick up a pizza or to eat sandwiches for dinner...again.


We don't know yet, whether it be a boy or girl, but everyone keeps telling me I need to have a girl, so that means that all of you speaking those words will curse me into having another boy. I've already accepted that I just might have an all-testosterone studded family and that's ok, but I do hold a smidge of hope that I can get to play with frilly bows.






8 comments:

Swensen Family said...

Yeah that is such great news!!! I sure hope you are feeling better now and I'll think PINK! Either way though you are a great mom and your kids are cute. Congrats guys!

Linford Family said...

Yaa! Happiness to you! If you have a girl you get to have a few fun years of frills and flowers, and then it's off to the DRAMA years! I'm afraid of those years...our girl is already too dramatic. Not that I'm saying girls are all hard, boys have their tough aspects as I'm sure you know. Congrats!

Romney Family said...

congrats!!! I am not going to lie I love my two boys and they are way easier to get ready for the day but I love having a girl!!! I hope you get your girl and I hope you start feeling better too!!!

Mom at Our House said...

Congrats

Sarah+Jamason=Tyler said...

We hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to find out what you are having :)

Jinny and Mick said...

Yay-congrats!!! I hope you start to feel better, it is not fun being sick. Bows and pink things are so fun, but the drama that accompanies it...sometimes is not:) Either one though is fun and precious, I'm really excited for you!

thebusbyfamily said...

I was wondering when this post was going to come! I haven't said a word to anyone since I bluntly asked jonnyb if you had a "baby in your tummy yet"

now I can celebrate out loud!! WAHOOO!
we are super excited for you guys!

my vote, not that it counts for anything, is that you wait till that baby comes out to find out if it's another handsome boy or beautiful little girl. it's really fun.

mama cow said...

Im so excited for you! Babies are always a joy. At the risk of sounding like a know it all I feel it is my duty to share my experience with due dates. The girls were both about two weeks early so naturally I expected that Ryan would be as well. Those last two weeks were the LONGEST of my life when that stinker came one day early instead of the two weeks I was planning on. Sorry if this seems rude but I just dont want you to suffer the way I did! Hoping for a girl even though you make dang cute boys!