I found a package of those plastic bubbles you blow with a straw.
My kids absolutely love them. We have had some fun times blowing big and sometimes disappointingly small bubbles.
Uh so, Logan totally embarrassed me the other day. Or maybe it was shock. I'm not sure what exactly I felt. A bunch of things, I suppose. I really laughed about it afterwords.
Chase had no school last Friday and I was planning on driving to my mom's to visit her and my husband- who happens to be staying there because his internship with an OB/GYN is in the area. However, my car failed to cooperate by having a few alarming problems...so I stayed home. The kids were really really disappointed about not going so I tried to give them a say in whatever fun thing we could do that day. Chase chose McDonalds, so we went.
It was very busy with several children running around. (Typical lunchtime drama for a play place restaurant) Things went smoothly until I was considering to leave soon. The play structure was a climbing upwards toob-fest, so I couldn't really see my children, but I certainly could hear them. Then Chase came rushing towards me, informing me that Logan was naked. I couldn't believe it. How on earth could the kid be naked? Stripping is not his normal past time. I rushed over and tried to find Logan, but there was limited viewing inside the dark tubes with several kiddies in the way.
I finally caught sight of him, and sure enough, naked was the appropriate term. He did have his shirt on, but his little naked behind was pant-less and diaper-less. He saw me, squealed, and ran off. Now mind you, he is a large 3 three old, so this wasn't one of those, "Ah, isn't he a cute little naked boy" moments.
So I've got a little naked boy running through tubes and kids saying, "Ewww." How is that for sanitary? The next thing that happens is that I am inside the tubes with one of his feet in my hands, while he is trying to climb up a ledge. He's pulling up, I'm pulling down, and his little butt is swinging in the wind like a flag. We fought like this for awhile, until I finally came out the clear winner. My next problem was that I had a naked boy in my arms and no sign of his pants anywhere.
Some little kids passed his pants my way, and eventually his full diaper came down the slide. I grabbed his clothes, covered his front parts with them, and bolted for my table while avoiding eye contact with everyone. All the while, I'm fighting back a smile because as terrible as it was, it was pretty darn funny.
Of course it didn't end there. I tried to get him to sit still while I put a new diaper on him, but he didn't want it on. He got away from me again but I snagged him. We fought for a good two minutes while I tried to put a silly diaper on. I'm sure my face was red. We left as soon as he was rightfully clothed.
His explanation: They fell off.
He adamantly defends that he did not disrobe himself.
But I'm concerned about the fact that he didn't care.
7 comments:
that is way too funny. I laughed out loud while I was reading it. I can totally see one of my boys doing it and was wondering how I have gone this far without it happening. What a funny kid!
that is classic. I would have been mortified if that was Owen. But that is too funny!!!
HAHA, I don't know if I've heard a funnier kid story than that one. OH so embarrassing, but a great one to laugh over!
Kids - you gotta love 'em! Super funny story!
that story is hilarious! i love his explanation best.
you are a great mom. your cute boys are lucky.
xo
wow ... that made me laugh super hard. i can't even imagine what i would do in that position. you're boys are great.
That is a great story!!
LOVE the bubbles :) Cute pics!
Post a Comment