Poor Chase has had a rough week. We think he's had salmonella poisoning, and of course its most likely my fault. (I'm more often a bad mommy than a good one). I'm pretty sure it was an incident on Saturday that had to do with eggs. For the hundredth time, Chase got into the fridge, wanting to see if the eggs had birdies in them. Naturally, I've tried to explain that we buy non-birdy eggs, but he still likes to check...just in case mom slipped up just once. This checking process usually results in him losing his grip on the egg carton as the eggs come crashing to the floor. Its happens a lot...so often that I finally keep my cool about it. As they cracked all over my newly mopped floor (of course) Logan just happened to see the fun and came running into the kitchen to play in the slime. I got worried about him getting egg on his hands, so I was busting my tail to wipe up the mess while keeping Logan at bay with my leg. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Chase had grabbed the paper towels and was helping me clean up the goobery mess. To Chase's misfortune, he dashed out of the kitchen quickly, erasing his memory from my mind briefly as I washed my hands, feeling proud to have kept Logan clean.
I think that Chase probably had eggs on his hands and did not wash them.
Well...the next day, Chase woke up at 3 am with throw up all over his bed...and the throw up continued for four days...mixed in with lots and lots and lots of diarrhea. So much diarrhea... oh it was gross. I tried to convince him to wear some old pull up diapers from the good old days, but he refused saying that he couldn't wear a diaper because he was a big boy and not a little baby. He made a big fuss about it, so I settled for washing about twelve pairs of underwear a day.
Salmonella last for 4-7 days and its now day five. Chase finally seems normal now. I don't wish that torture upon...too many people. I wonder if Chase will ever eat eggs again??????
5 comments:
Wow, I guess that's a memory you'll never forget. Here is a website (you mentioned before for doing cute things to your blog). It just takes forever to do, I kept putting it off because I knew I would be in front of the computer forever. Anyway, it's http://www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/. It's kind of fun because you can do your own creation. (Are you guys coming home at all this summer?)
That is so horrible~Chase being sick that is!! And you aren't a bad mom it happens when you have mischievious little boys that like to get into things they shouldn't. I hope he feels better soon for your sake and his also!!
I promise that you are a GOOD mommy ALL of the time! JonnyB lucked out when he married you! your cute boys are HAPPY & HEALTHY(well, most of the time), what more can you ask?
I'm sorry to hear that chase has been sick, but very glad he is back to his happy, healthy self!
by the way, the birdie in the egg story made me laugh really hard!! and I am glad you are trying to have a sense of humor about it -- I am trying to do better about that kind of stuff too :)
love to you all!
I like stories like this. It reminds me that I am not the only one that has bad days. I am glad that chase is feeling better!
p.s. you are not a bad mom, I am dealing with all the same things you did a year ago with my boys now. I laugh to my self when Spencer does something that I remember you saying Chase had done. So it looks like in a year I am going to be explaining to Spencer that the eggs we have don't have birds in them.
Post a Comment