Sunday, April 6, 2008

I am in a little bit of a contemplative mood, but don't expect me to discuss anything deep. I'm not into exploring the concept of the fourth dimension. Mostly, I'm just thinking about blogs spots because I just visited a whole bunch of my friends and family's ones. I feel bad that I don't post much on this site often. I am rarely on the internet these days. It might have something to do with the fact that I have wild crazy boys who run me ragged all over the place. I don't get to sit down very often. Chase has more energy than any other child I know. Sometimes people comment on how bouncy he is and that I must never get to sit down. It is true. I try not to think about it too much...because I can easily envision the kindergarten teacher inviting me to discuss ADHD possibilities. I'm not avoiding the potential issue. I'm actually preparing for it.

Chase is a good kid. He just likes to run. A lot. I don't think he has too much trouble focusing. He just likes to do things his way. Most kids are stubborn and I think he is very very stubborn. Mostly I'm in a (Chase mood) because I just put him to bed. Bedtime can be challenging with him sometimes. I come away from it weary...but if I reflect on the day...I had a lot of fun moments with him. Ones that outweigh the hard ones.

Being a parent is hard, but it is definitely worth it. I can think of many times today that Jonny and I looked across the table at each other during all three family meals and just laughed or smiled. There were a lot of "those looks" that come when two parents are pleased as can be with their little family and absolutely adore their little ones. One of these looks was because we had just come back from walking around the temple grounds. We had a nice time and the kids enjoyed it. We took a lot of pictures. Chase took his toy camera and took pictures too. He doesn't like to have people say cheese. For some reason, his preferences are "say yuck. smile and say duh. smile and say fast." He's weird. But anyway, we were laughing at the table because Logan was taking his piece of pizza and holding it over his eye, saying "cheese" over and over again. It's only funny if you are the parent of the child. As the parent of this child...it was adorable. Mostly because pizza sauce was smeared all over his face.

I enjoy Logan a lot. He's a total goofball. He's kind of dork too, but mostly a goofball. He has goofy wild wavy hair, big goofy teeth and a goofy smile. He's fun and he loves to run around and giggle. I enjoy him. He runs around just as much as Chase. Can you believe that I have two overly energetic boys? I sure would like a slow one next time. (I know I should be careful what I ask for.)

After we had Chase, we realized that there must be significance in naming a child. We literally CHASEd that little boy all over the place. It was much easier to stay home than to go out. So when we had our next boy, we decided to choose a nice, slow name in hopes that our next child would takes things at a slower pace. Logan is nice and slow. Looooowgaaaaaan.

But I hereby declare that there is no significance in the correlation of the name of your child vs the speed that they will take with their little legs. Logan and Chase are both fast moving little critters. So that is my deep thought for the night. Pretty deep, huh?

My two favorite things in the world are "those satisfied looks" that you and the hubby give when the children are being adorable. The next best thing is when the children are sleeping (of course) and me and the hubby are both in silly moods. This usually entails a late night hilarious sitcom which spins our moods into goofy, silly relentless teasing with lots of tickling.

8 comments:

Swensen Family said...

As another parent of a boy, I would have to agree that they are full of energy. Maybe you just need to have a little girl next. So far McKenzie is mostly easy going. She is great when we are out and about. Being a parent can be difficult at times but definately worth it! Hang in there.

Megan said...

This post made me laugh a lot, smile a lot, but mostly it just makes me miss you guys. You have such a sweet little family, even if sweet means endless energy :)

You are a talented writer Melissa and I'm so glad that my big brother has you as his better half.

Linford Family said...

Lis, that was really fun to read. It makes me a little nervous for 2 kids though!! I love sleep, but I love babies too. Sounds like things are going good. I just started a blog and I definitely look at other people's blogs and think wow, they do a lot. I am not sure what to put on mine or how consistent I will be at it!

Romney Family said...

I have to agree with you also on the boy thing!! He has more energy than alyssa for sure and the only reason I can blog is because I do it while he is sleeping!! It is such a great feeling to see or hear your child doing something funny and cute!!

thebusbyfamily said...

I've sometimes wondered if it would be easier to have two little boys instead of girls -- the drama is ENDLESS in our house and it gets old really quick -- but I DO get a chance to sit down every once in awhile. given that I'm always tired, maybe I am better suited to raise dramatic girls :)

I really think you are a great mom! JonnyB is lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
You have a beautiful way with words. I love your little boys and I love watching you and Jonathan with them. You're wonderful parents and you are a terrific mother. I do wonder how you do it and I really wonder how I ever did it!
You are all loved very much!
Susan

Smitty n' Chelle said...

I am in agreement about boys. I have two of each. Justice is by far the hardest child we have. Josh and I tell eachother and everyone around us that we are hoping the last one will be a girl althought I KNOW it is going to be a boy. Jett is pretty laid back but only seven months old so we will see if time changes that. They do keep life interesting though!!

Linford Family said...

Hey Lis, I am commenting again. You really don't get on here much do ya? That is SO exciting you will be in Billings! We will be here for one more year then off to another school(?) for his phd. Yeah, more school for us too. We do go home often, so hopefully we can see you there. Actually, I am a little nervous to have a girl. I really like boys. I am excited, but girls get moody, emotional, fight with their moms, and I have not handled them as much as boys. I do like being a girl way better than a boy, but girls are very intimidating to me! Anyway, hope things are going good for ya!